The CRC Club Championship is a closed club championship that is designed to reward club representation within the club championship events along with strong individual performances.
The Championship for 2020 will comprise of 12 core races, a park run and a CRC closed event (the Heddington Hill Climb).
These races have been chosen to incorporate the Wiltshire Road Race League races in an attempt to ensure good CRC numbers are present to support the club at these events. This will also gain the club points in the league! For more information on the Wiltshire Road Race League, please follow this link to the Wiltshire Athletic Association Website.
2020 Championship Races
Race 1: Calne Smart Smasher (9th Feb) (Off-Road Race) Enter Here
Race 2: Bowood 10k (29th March) (Off-Road Race) Enter Here
Race 3: Devizes Half Marathon (5 April) Enter Here
Race 4: Highworth 5 (19 April)
Race 5: Heddington Hill Climb (5th May) (CRC Event)
Race 6: Westbury 5k Series* (19 May, 16 June, 21 July & 18 August) ** (Either run one or all four if you wish, only your fastest time will count)**
Race 7: Shrewton 10k (17 May)
Race 8: Chippenham Park Run (24th May)
Race 9: Great Chalfield 10k (25 June)
Race 10: Melksham 10k (12 July)
Race 11: Frome 10k (19 July)
Race 12: Two Tunnels 10k (16 August)
Race 13: Devizes 10k (27 Sept)
Race 14: TBC in the new year (October, depending on the off-road fixtures)
Additional Points Rewards:
- One Additional Half Marathon completed (20 pts)
- One Additional Marathon completed (20pts)
- Two Additional Ultras completed (20pts each)
The standings can be found by clicking on the following link:
- CRC Championship Standings 2019* are not available yet – they will be published after the awards dinner.
- CRC 2018 Club Championship final results
How it works
Championship Results: The Male and Female Championships are run separately, but in the same way. So, if five male runners complete a race that is in the Championship, the first CRC runner home will receive 20 points, the second home will receive 19, third 18 points, fourth 17 points and fifth 16 points. This will work in the same way for the female athletes.
Further points are available to members in the CRC club championships for the following:
- Any additional half marathon completed in 2020 means you can gain 20 bonus points (though you can only claim this once, so if you do 3 marathons you can only claim bonus points once)
- Any additional marathon completed in 2020 means you can gain 20 bonus points. (though you can only claim this once, so if you do 3 marathons you can only claim bonus points once).
- Ultra’s: We understand that we have a strong ultra running contingent within the club. With this in mind you can claim 20 bonus points for up to 2 ultra races completed in 2020 (so up to 40 bonus points) any race over a marathon distance counts.
**Please note, where the bonus point system is concerned, you must let us know that you have completed a race that means you can claim bonus points. We will not go looking though results!**
So essentially, if you turn up and represent CRC at as many races as possible, you will be in with a shout of winning the Championship! Good luck!
Previous Club Championship Winners (based on records retrievable):
- 2011 Gemma Godwin
- 2012 Marie Nash
- 2013 Michelle Blower
- 2014 Francesca Golding
- 2015 Michelle Blower
- 2016 Lucy Morrison
- 2017 Michelle Blower
- 2018 Helen Gibbs
- 2006 Dave Telfer
- 2007 Dave Telfer
- 2008 Tony Nott
- 2009 Dave Telfer
- 2010 Dave Telfer
- 2011 Dave Halliday
- 2012 Dave Halliday
- 2013 Simon Nott
- 2014 Simon Nott
- 2015 Luke Shipway
- 2016 Dave Howe
- 2017 Dave Howe
- 2018 Philip Daniels