How to join?
If you are renewing membership – please use the link you will be sent from England Athletics. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this.
Please feel free to come along for a week or two to try out the club and the sessions we offer. In order to join Calne Running Club use one of the following:
- SIGN UP ONLINE VIA ENTRY CENTRAL HERE
- Download an entry form using the following link – CRC-Membership-form-21-22 Please complete this and either email it to email@example.com or bring it along on a club night with £26 payment.
The club uses the annual membership fee to:
- Pay your individual £15 England Athletics affiliation fee
- Cover on-line subscription fees
- Beversbrook Sports Facility as payment for training in the summer and as a meeting point
- Training for coaches and run leaders
- Any equipment needed
What will you get for your membership?
Along with the many mental and physical benefits you will discover from joining our club, there are a number of other benefits you will enjoy, including:
- Membership of the longest standing running club in Calne. We foster a friendly all inclusive environment, and of course a little hard work on training nights.
- Membership of England Athletics, which offers benefits including reduced rate entry to races along with various discounts.
- Training sessions run by the club’s UKA qualified coaches.
- Social runs led by UKA qualified run leaders.
- The chance to run for the club and earn the club points in the leagues we partake in, namely those organised by Wiltshire Athletic Association.
- The fun of taking part in our Club Championship (winners being announced at the annual Christmas Party).
- The chance to become a member of the running club family and take part in a variety of social runs that are regularly organised by club members outside of training nights
When and Where to Meet
Coached training is on Thursday evenings at 7pm – meeting at Beversbrook Sports Facility (just off the bypass) in Calne (SN11 9FL) at 6.50.
Most Tuesdays there is a Social Run led by qualified run leaders. They often start from Beversbrook but, particularly in the summer, we run from other places. They will be posted on the closed Facebook page and also on the website so always check.
For more information on training please visit our training webpages.
Health and Safety
As with any sport of this nature you are advised to warm up/down appropriately to avoid injury. During the winter months please wear suitable clothing including reflective items during the evenings. Road safety is your personal responsibility.
A quick note on Data Protection
The details you submit to us as part of your membership will be used only to contact you about Calne Running Club matters including membership, races, training. etc. and we will not pass your details on to any third parties, except for:
- England Athletics – in order to register you