Members Email 22nd March 2021
Dear members, After a further spell of not being able to meet, we are delighted to announce training will once again be able to recommence after 29th March 2021. For clarification, from 29th March guidance allows sports facilities and organised club activity to take place. For outdoor unorganised club activity, this can take place in groups of up to 6 from 29th March. Once again, we have taken all our guidance from our governing body, England Athletics. Further information on this guidance can be viewed here. Whilst we can recommence training, this is under strict rules which we must adhere to in order to keep everyone safe and ensure risks of infection from Covid-19 are minimised. The first session back will be Thursday 1 April 2021. From this date, both Tuesday and Thursday training will recommence (first Tuesday being 6th April). We are all very excited to welcome you back! The list below acts as a reminder of some of the measures that we must all respect and adhere to.
- Please do not arrive for training a long time in advance. This is to avoid prolonged social gathering. The sessions will start at 7.00pm prompt.
- Please ensure you check in at Beversbrook sports facility gravel car park (where we are meeting) before the session to enable your track and trace information to be collected.
- If you need to use the toilets and enter Beversbrook sports facility, please follow directions and respect the measures they have in place. Face coverings must be worn when in the building.
- Single file running is mandatory on Thursday evenings.
- Belongings will need to be spread out when left at the side of the training area.
- Maintain social distancing of 2 metres at all times.
- If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone who has in the last fourteen days, please do not attend the session.
- If during the session you need to leave, please inform the coach.
- Thursday sessions will continue to be carefully planned by the coaches in the choice of session, warm up and cool down procedures. We live and work in a range of settings and members have different vulnerabilities if they catch the illness. We all have a responsibility to respect this and help each other remember the rules, particularly on social distancing, for everyone’s protection. As is always the case, please do not hesitate to contact Denise if you wish to receive further coaching advice outside of organised club sessions. This currently carries a heightened importance, as we appreciate not everyone will wish to attend club activities at this time. Finally, we appreciate that a return to training will evoke a range of thoughts and feelings. Many will be excited to return with the hope of racing on the horizon, whilst others may be nervous and possibly feeling some anxiety regarding the return to club activity. England Athletics’ partner, Mind, has produced some guidance that may help if you feel this way. This can be found here. Please get back to us if you have any further questions. We are always happy for you to message us and to help support you wherever we can. All the best, Simon CRC Chairman