Tuesday evening runs explained:
Group A – Roughly 9 minute miling or faster for 5 miles or more
Group B – Roughly 9 to 11 minute miling for 3-6 miles
Group C– Roughly 11 minute miling and above for 3-5 miles
Each group will be led by a minimum of one qualified leader. A tail runner will be allocated to each group. Groups may vary depending on who turns up on the night but everybody will be catered for.
** PLEASE NOTE** These runs and distances are by no means set in stone or are meant to be prescriptive. We encourage people to push themselves or to go in whichever group they would like to join. The groups have been designed to roughly keep runners in more compact groups to make them safer, easier to lead and more social. However, varying paces in each group will always occur and in order to allow people to push themselves from one group to another will inevitably occur. Enabling people to run with people of similar abilities should maximise enjoyment whilst maintaining safety and making sure nobody gets lost or left behind.
Please be aware that you must always:
- Wear the appropriate clothing and footwear for the run.
- Wear hi viz clothing on road runs.
- Listen to your run leader’s instructions
- Always loop back to the slowest runner in the group at regular points as advised by your leader
- Be responsible for your own safety and do not run if injured.
- Do not listen to portable music players during the runs.
New routes will be added by our leaders over time to give more variation, particularly in winter when choices are more limited.
**Please keep an eye on our Facebook page** where runs will be posted as changes can be made by our leaders to try to think up some new and enjoyable routes for you to try out.
The Run Leaders: